“My brilliant idea is taking shape and we are getting ready for success. We have a few early clients, money is starting to flow in. Expenses are still higher than revenue, but the trend-line is good. But one of the many things keeping me awake at night is concern about managing internal systems. Are we ready to add more people? Are we tracking our opportunities? Are we meeting our legal and reporting requirements? In short, can we turn our good start into long-term growth?”
Now that you are on your way, it’s time to lay the solid groundwork for growth and prosperity. Things to consider include:
- Can people reach you reliably via email, website, social media, phone?
- Are you tracking your time for grant support and efficiency analysis?
- Do you have a common format for internal documents? (Office Software Suite)
- Are your data secure and controlled?
- Are you managing your contacts and prospect lists efficiently?
- Is your sales structure using all available tools to maximize funnel performance?
- Does the Development Team have the proper tools?
- Is the Development Team using a Version Control System, and using it properly?
- Are you making regular off-site backups of critical data?
- Do you have HR policies and procedures in place?
- Do you have a formal on-boarding/off-boarding process in place?
- Are your internal communications efficient, particularly with distributed teams?
- Are you ready for rapid growth?
We will cover each of these points in detail in future posts. Prepare for success now! Build the foundation before adding the lobby and the corporate skyscraper.